Wednesday, March 16, 2011

character sculpture 1 final piece

after 10 long weeks of figuring out how to even sculpt, my labour is finished!! Here's the figure I designed and sculpted in chevant for my character sculpture 1 class with john brown.

Character Description: A Forest God that has lost his once infinite purpose in life on the earth.





*photo credit to Maya Wysocki ^_^

in a bit of self reflection, I will more than likely work on this still. after a great talk with john about it, hindsight is truly 20-20 when i find that i could have done an even more evocative pose. all in all though, i am not disappointed as this was my first real attempt at sculpting a personal concept. i cannot even believe how much i can apply what i've learned in this class to my drawing, concept design and painting skills! so extremely happy that i took this course :D

1 comment: